Monday, October 19, 2015

August

We kicked off August with our tradition of soaking up Alpine Days! Carter really liked the parade - especially the tractors and the motorcycles.







The highlight of August - and one of the best for the summer was our trip to Kiawah Island with my family! But that gets a whole blog post of its own :)

We finished up August hanging out with friends and family at home, up the canyon, and a work party.

best buddies
this kid loves dirt
daddy teaching him cool tricks
playing with auntie Karlie at the work party
again, he LOVES dirt
no comment ;)
tinfoil dinners up the canyon
Also, Happy 5 Years (a month late) to me! Brad got me an anniversary band! I wanted it as a wedding band when we first got married and it just wasn't in the budget. haha. But he got it for me for our 5 year. It's fun to have a little extra sparkle :)


Unfortunately my sweet Grandpa Baxter passed away in August after being diagnosed with cancer just a month or two earlier. The family, except for spouses, flew down to California to be a part of the memorial service they had for him. My dad was kind of in charge and did a wonderful job! There was a great variety of religious backgrounds there and I think he did a great job of reaching and touching them with his thoughts/testimony. It was also fun to hear some of the wonderful things my grandpa taught my dad growing up - I love him even more and can't wait to see him again, someday.


visiting where they will be placing grandpa, with Grandma Jeanne
visiting my dad's mom's grave
Carter's favorite travel spot

No comments:

Post a Comment