Friday, September 13, 2013

Lake Powell

During the month of July, Brad and I slipped away for a week to join the Marsh family on a vaca to Lake Powell. We were really looking forward to spending time with his family; it's also always a good thing to break up time with my fam so we can continue loving each other without getting on each others' nerves ;)
I LOVE Lake Powell. I honestly forgot how much I love it. I truly get an exhilarating, freeing feeling when I am in Lake Powell. It is one of the places that I feel closest to the world around me - not to mention the place is an absolute blast!
We were so lucky to be invited to go with such a fun group! They were all always ready to go play from sun up to sun down. We all got to know each other well and laughed, teased, joked, and made a lot of fun memories. I am so grateful for new friendships!
We had so much fun wake boarding, tubing, riding the wave runners, kayaking, hiking to Rainbow Bridge, and eating lots of yummy food. We ate SO MUCH yummy food on the trip - it's a good thing we played so hard! We had a few bumps on the trip (broken batteries, a few minor injuries, sore muscles, sun burns, etc.) but it's all part of the Lake Powell experience :)
On our way back from Rainbow Bridge we hit one of the most massive storms we have ever been in! I have never truly thought about dying until we were sitting in the front of a boat, white-knuckled, holding onto the side bard and locking our legs to keep from flying out. We were in a bit of a small boat and had to go super fast to keep us from getting swallowed in the waves. Looking back, it was a really fun adventure, but in the moment, you could it was one of the more intense moments of our lives.
Overall Lake Powell was a blast and I am SO glad we were able to go this year. It was especially great to be in such great company, with new friends, adorable babies, cute pregnant moms (SIL and friend), and spending time with family. YAY Lake Powell!
Also, there are A LOT of pics from Powell, but I don't have like any... So until I get my hands on some, this is all I've got:

Brad and Rob on the wave runners - haha love Rob's face

keeping themselves entertained on our way back to the dock

dinner the night before launching

Rainbow Bridge


No comments:

Post a Comment