Sunday, January 4, 2015

November

I love/hate to admit it, but most of my free time during the month of November was spent watching a wonderfully addicting show. It's called, Call the Midwife, on Netflix. It's one of those BBC ones - If you like Downton Abbey, you will like it - they aren't the same time period or anything, just similar style in development. However, if you are pregnant, or have a new little baby, maybe wait a little bit - it can be a doozie. It took me a bit to get into it, but once I did, I literally watched all three seasons in a week. **please note it was during nap time and laundry - trying to be somewhat productive*

Our dear friend, Paige came in town for a little over a week to visit friends and family before her baby tummy got too big to travel. It was so great having her come! We threw together an intimate, casual baby shower and had so much fun hanging out for the night.




Something that is always new and exciting is a new car! We've talked and talked about wanting a new car, AWD, bigger, first family car - something that will last. We wanted to try to get something before Brad heads back for grad school. That way we wouldn't have to worry about having to try to afford a new car if one dies in the middle of grad school. Anyway, we decided on a Kia Sorento and LOVE it! We feel so blessed/spoiled to be able to have a car like it and hope it lasts us a long time :)
still working on a name for this one...
We ended up selling Wilma, our white Camry. We've only had it for two years, so I didn't think it would be hard for me to let go, but I was surprisingly sad when the new owners drove away. There's something about older cars that have more "personality" and quirks. It was also the first car we bought together and the car that we drove Carter home in, and accompanied us on a lot of road trips. 
so long, Wilma!
Thanksgiving this year was with my side of the family. It was a great day filled with LOADS of food, our own Turkey Bowl, a lot of great conversation, a lot of card games, and one of our cousin's proposing to his sweet girlfriend! I am so grateful for the family we are blessed to be a part of - I am grateful for the relationships we share and the unconditional love we have for each other. I am grateful we can depend on each other and look forward to being together. It was so fun, I forgot to take pictures :( But I'm working on rounding some up from some other family members! 
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending time with those you love!

Carter's 8 month update:
First off, I've discovered why Daylight Savings is no bueno. Little Carter man doesn't understand he gets to sleep in for an extra hour, so we get to wake up an hour early. :/ Lets ban it all together! His naps are getting longer, which is nice. He has also decided he doesn't like to go to sleep on his own anymore, which I'm okay with, because that is extra snuggle time for me :). Because he's a little chubster he isn't on an eating schedule anymore, we just feed him when he is acting hungry - he is pretty good at letting us know when he is hungry. He still loves his morning oatmeal and his baby food for dinner. He isn't picky at all and will eat anything we feed him. He has discovered how to hit his hands together, but doesn't seem to have connected that it is the same thing as mommy's clapping. He also knows how to pull him self up to sitting up position - however he gets easily frustrated when he can't figure out how to drink his bottle that way. He had his first Thanksgiving and was passed around by the cousins all day! They all love to play with him - I rarely even see him when we are at family events. He is also in a big boy carseat now and is loving being able to actually see out the window. He says a lot of mamamama & dadadadada and we are convinced, again, he knows what he's saying :)
big boy in the grocery cart

Peter and Carter

love my rollie pollie

No comments:

Post a Comment