Thursday, March 28, 2013

March

One of these days I won't be doing my updates a month at a time, but hey, at least I'm recording our life, right?
March began with me starting a new nanny job. I am working for an adorable family here in Alpine. They have two little girls and they are just adorable! I am only doing that two days a week, still allowing time for my house cleaing jobs, subbing, and (my favorite) home maker/crafter :)
I also had the chance to go snowshoeing for the first time in my life. I really absolutely loved it! It was such a beautiful day and it was with a couple of my close pals. We just went up American Fork Canyon and it was a great reminder that we live in such a beautiful place!
beautiful view
me, kal, and kates
Brad's work has season passes for snowboarding that we can use occasionally  We spent a Wednesday this month snowboarding at Sundance. We picked a rather warm and sunny day. It was really nice, but the slopes were ice. Our snowboarding didn't last long, but it was fun for us to spend a whole day together in the middle of the week. Sadly, we didn't take any pictures.

Brad also FINALLY took the GMAT. Yahoo! He has been studying and attending a class pretty consistently since last summer. I was so proud of him just because he took it! I can' t even imagine taking a test right now. I tried to make his day a little special with a few things to start off his day right. He was pleased with his score - as the first time, but is hoping for a higher score for the business schools he is considering. He did get in the 75th percentile, which makes me proud I am SO relived to not see anything GMAT, at least for a little while. :)
a good breakfast and a new shirt 

We also had a near and dear family friend get married this month. It was seriously one of my favorite weddings I have ever been to! Austin is SO in love with his darling wife and it was so sweet to be able to be a part of their special day. :)
Austin & Kayla
Recently my Grandpa has lost his ability to drive (medical restrictions). Grandpa Bob LOVES to go on drives up to "God's Country" and attending the temple at least once a week. Now that he can't get anywhere on our own, it has given us the chance to volunteer to help get him around. I had the chance to this past month and I LOVED it. I have lived close to my grandpa most of my life, but haven't spent a whole lot of time one on one with him. We started the morning off going to the Bountiful temple together. Then we changed our clothes, grabbed some lunch and headed up to "God's Country" aka Tremonton, Fielding, Garland. He loves to visit old friends and family. I had the opportunity to meet an Aunt and Uncle of his, some of his cousins, some good friends growing up, and where he used to spend his free time growing up. It was fun to meet so many people that loved my grandpa so much. I also loved hearing old stories about "this house", "that barn", etc. I am looking forward to my chance to do it again. :)
young grandpa and the rest of my mom's family...
who can guess which one my mom is???
little red riding hood and the big bad wolf

Grandpa Bob and Grandma Jane :)
"Cowboy Bob" and Uncle Matt
Middle of March we spent some time doing some overnight nannying together and really enjoyed it. Our first job was with a family in our ward. We had their 3 boys for St. Patty's Day weekend and it was a blast! They are full of energy and were always ready to do something fun. It was sometimes hard to keep up with them, but so fun. Brad and I ended our St. Patty's Day with a yummy traditional Irish meal (Made by my cousin, Shaylee) of corned beef and cabbage, with a few other yummy foods. SO GOOD! The following week we nannied for a darling family in Cedar Hills. They were such a cute little family that were so close to each other. These nanny experience have been great training for us and have given us the opportunity to learn awesome tricks and ideas from all of the awesome, experienced parents.

With all of the nannying back to back, including my regular nanny job I was pretty beat by the end of the week. That didn't stop the hubs from pulling together a March Madness party at our house last weekend. I loved it! It was fun to spend the weekend with a bunch of our friends and let the boys watch the games while us girls crafted and talked. We even had a few of them spend the night, then spend most of the next day with us.
our craft: adding some color to our wood utensils
I also just wanted to give a little shout out to my mom and dad. On Monday, March 25 they celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. I am so grateful for their example. They have always exemplified the importance of relying on the Lord and principles of the gospel to have a successful marriage. I am so grateful they have been so diligent in raising our family in the church and creating a home that has always been a place we can turn to for peace and direction. Love you guys! Thanks for being awesome!

Looking forward to spending the end of the month of March with mi familia; they arrive tomorrow afternoon around 4:30. YAY! So excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment