Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter to everyone! I hope everyone had a happy Easter, filled with peace and gratitude.
Our Easter weekend was extra special this year. My family flew into town Friday afternoon and will be here for the next week! We spent Friday evening at home, catching up and enjoying each others' company.  A few different cousins came by to visit and see the family. We stayed up late telling hilarious stories and watching family videos from when we were younger. So fun!
The next morning my mom and I joined Shaylee, Shannon, Aunt Jill, Aunt Lisa, and Aunt Jamie to head up to Tremonton for a funeral. My mom's dear Aunt Celia passed away last week from injuries sustained in a pretty terrible car accident. The family also lost a grandson in the accident; it has been a rough couple of weeks for this sweet family. It was nice to see so many of my mom's extended family and reminisce all of the positive, happy memories everyone had of Aunt Celia.
Aunt Celia
Shaylee, Shannon, and I also got the biggest kick out of our mom's as we "took a walk down memory lane." We went downtown and saw all the different houses they lived in and heard some of their crazy, childhood memories. Of course, at Jill's request, we had to make a stop at Kings and get some treats. We have some pretty good video footage of them laughing and giddy, telling stories. Unfortunately I think it might be too big to put on here. That night we were pretty beat, so we all just hung out, ate some dinner, and watched some more family videos.
Sunday morning I played the Easter bunny and got just a little something for everyone in the family to enjoy. We enjoyed spending the morning together and putting together fun Easter outfits for everyone. It was fun to attend church with the fam, as always. Brad, Zac, and I left an hour early to head to my dear friend's farewell. Sister Rachel Stapp is going to be an AMAZING missionary! Her talk was so perfect, so real, just so awesome. I am proud to call her one of my nearest and dearest friends. As I watched her sit down from her talk, it was the first time I really allowed myself to think about her leaving and it was SO heart-wrenching to think about. BUT it was also SO EXCITING! She is going to be such and amazing influence to so many people on her mission. I am so proud of her :)
for: Brad, Dad, Mom, Zac, & Meg

our Easter outfits... Thanks Karen (MIL)
Sister Stapp is a babe
After leaving her farewell, we all headed up to Layton to enjoy our family Easter celebration. They best part about holidays is spending time with those you love. It was fun to watch all the other ones hunt for Easter Eggs. We ate a lot of yummy food and enjoyed talking and telling more stories.
Also, a special little shout out to my cousin, Mitch and his new fiance, Jess! They are officially engaged. YAY! We are so happy for them and looking forward to their summer wedding :)

On the topic of Easter, I just wanted to share one of my favorite pictures of the Savior. This picture truly warms my heart when I think about His atoning sacrifice and His genuine, individual, unconditional love for each one of us. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of my Savior and the enabling power that comes with the Atonement.

I hope everyone had a special Easter weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Small world...my husband and I were in Celia's ward in Logan. I had no idea she passed away. I am so sorry. She truly was such a sweet lady who always brought a smile to my face each Sunday. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney,
      What a small world, indeed! Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I do hope things are going well for you and your husband :)

      Delete
    2. Courtney,
      What a small world, indeed! Thank you for your thoughtfulness. I do hope things are going well for you and your husband :)

      Delete