Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Home Remodel

As I've mentioned before, we have been doing some remodeling in the basement. We are finally at the finishing stages and I am THRILLED to be at this point. I was starting to forget what it was like to live in a fully functional space. After a lot of hard work from a lot of people, it really looks great.
My mom and I decided we wanted to change out the tile in the basement. We also decided we wanted to make the laundry closet a more appealing laundry "nook". Along with that we decided to make a couple other updates to complete the look.
We've ripped up more tile than I ever want to see again. (I made Brad promise me he would never let me commit to that kind of project again). I seriously spent over 24 hours, of just my labor, ripping up tile - that doesn't include anyone else's help (Brad, Jeff, Mom, Dad, Shane, Jason). We ripped down walls and a closet, built a new wall, moved a door, put in new baseboards, repainted walls, painted baseboards, did some redecorating, and voilĂ ! It's becoming a masterpiece!
I will let the pictures do some of the talking:
 
 (some of these will be a repeat from a previous post - I just want it documented together as a project)


before any changes

the beginning


trying to block dust - didn't really work

brad's friend, jeff helping out


more progress


and more progress


cleaned up, making the space more livable

the worst of it


even more of the worst of it

so we moved this door over about 1/2 a foot to the right


took out this door and tore down the wall


rebuilding the space


before they closed up the wall (used to be a closet in the bathroom)


before they build a new wall for the commode
 
AND VOILA!!!
Presenting the final product!
 

new TILE! Yes, tile that looks like wood flooring... SO AWESOME!
 
MY NEW LAUNDRY NOOK!!!
behind the cabinet doors... I LOVE IT

a few functional knick-knacks for the new nook
 
new wall color - much better
 
 
 
you probably can't tell, but the door is moved closer to the shower
more wall space - for dresser on the other side of the wall
I love my new baseboards too!
 
refinished dresser for extra storage in the bathroom
your view as you sit on the toilet ;)
There were a lot of little changes that gave the space a whole new look. I am SO excited to have it finished and am loving every minute of  using my new laundry nook. Also, these floors are much easier to clean and I LOVE the way they look. I guess all our hard work paid off. Thanks mom!
 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. This is seriously amazing!!!!!! Love it!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!!! I was pleasantly surprised with how it all turned out, finally :)
      PS I'm obsessed with pretty much anything you have done to your home!

      Delete
  2. I love your new flooring! If you don't mind, can I ask where you purchased it or what the name is called?
    Thanks so much!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenna!
      SO sorry about the delay responding. Blogger hasn't been letting me comment :s We actually purchased it at Home Depot. I don't remember the name of it, but it was a porcelain tile. I hope that is helpful!
      Emily

      Delete