Saturday, December 14, 2013

Elder Baxter Returns!!!

HE'S HOME and I am so happy!!!
YAY! Elder Shaun is home from serving his 2-year mission and I am THRILLED to have him back.
Unfortunately he went home to my parents in North Carolina first. I didn't love not being able to be there for his first arrival to the U.S. but I found every opportunity I could to Facetime or Skype with them. Shaun didn't really like me to because he was wanting to wait until we were face to face before seeing me. So I mostly just listened to him talk in the background while I chatted with the rest of the family.
Dad and Meggy couldn't miss as much work and school so my mom came out to Utah with him the Tuesday after he got home. I was there at the airport waiting for him with Aunt Jill, Grandma & Grandpa, and Shaylee and her girls. Shaun wanted any and all family at the airport with little ones - he's been missing babies! It was such a sweet reunion and I could hardly stand waiting any longer before I ran up to him and popped his head off out of love and excitement. He is such a handsome young man!
We had his homecoming at our home ward here in Alpine, then actually pulled off hosting a soup and bread dinner at our house with ALL of our family and friends. It was a bit crowded - but we like to think it was more cozy :)
One of the first things he said to us was that he is going to find us a baby. He's so sweet and has been so supportive as we have worked hard to do what we can to start a little family someday.
Shaun has been living with us since he got home and he will be with us until he moves out in January, to go to BYU. We are so excited he will be going to school so close and will be down there, going to school with Zac.
Shaun has been such a joy to have in our home. He still has his sense of humor - just not quite as loud (sometimes I actually miss that). He has brought such a loving, patient, sweet spirit into our home that has helped us to become better people. He has helped me to remember what really matters and what I need to "chill" about. He's constantly sharing his thoughts with us and asking Brad and I for advice in everything. It has been so great spending this time with him.
 
Welcome home Shaunzy!
Elder Shaun Robert Baxter
Baltic States Mission - Latvian Speaking
November 2011 - November 2013

brothers reuniting for the first time

already crackin' jokes

Shaun with little ones - they instantly fell in love with him

No comments:

Post a Comment