Monday, October 7, 2013

3 Years!!!

This last summer Brad and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary on July 30. In some ways I still feel like such a newbie at this whole married thing and it seems like just yesterday we got married. Then sometimes I think about my life before Brad was in it and it's kind of hard to imagine.
We had a little bit going on that day so we celebrated along the way.

I remember feeling overwhelmed by the support we had at the temple that day
Brad had to work that day so we did a quick Happy Anniversary breakfast before he went off to work. I spent most of the morning soaking up the last bit of time with my mom and Meg before they had head back to NC that afternoon.
Brad got home from work early and we headed up to SLC to drop off my mom and sister @ the airport. It's always bitter-sweet sending the family back East. We always love having them in town, but it's always nice to have our space to ourselves and get back into our normal routine.
After dropping them off, it was still a little too early for dinner so we headed to temple square to visit Brad's sister Mindy (she is serving in the Temple Square mission). We wanted to surprise her so we walked all around the square looking for her, asking if any of the other sisters had seen her. (little did we know, they are not permitted to share that info for the safety of all the sister  missionaries) Brad and I decided to split up and try to find her. Finally we found her and it was so great! We LOVED spending a little bit of time with her and getting to know her companion that we've heard so many great things about. Then, we got to take them to dinner over at City Creek before sending them on their way back to their work. It was fun to see her in her element and meet so many of the sisters.
we also ran into a Latvian sister that knew Shaun
 from before she came on her mission to Utah

Brad, Mindy, her companion, me @ City Creek
Afterwards, Brad and I headed over to City Creek to do some window shopping and find me a more comfortable pair of shoes to wear. Then we started to get hungry. My parents gave us a PF Changs gift card and I had another one so we decided that was the perfect place for us to celebrate. We had a really yummy dinner and left the restaurant completely stuffed!
waiting for the valet outside PF Changs
It was still kind of early so we decided to head home, get in some comfy clothes on and go see Iron Man 3 at the Water Gardens Theater. That place is so great; it's so much more affordable than any other option!

It was such a fun, busy day. It was nice to have an evening to ourselves, just doing what we want with each other.
I'm so grateful to be married to such an amazing guy. I don't love the cliché: "I have the best husband in the world" but I would like to say, I have the best husband in the world, for ME. We really are so great for each other. I feel like we compliment each other well. We know when to call each other out when we are being unreasonable, we've got a bit of telepathic communication going on, and we get and appreciate each others' sense of humor better than anyone else.
I am so grateful for this journey Brad and I are on and I couldn't pick a better person to experience this with me. I'm grateful for the friendships we've shared and created with others and the memories we've made. We are so excited for what our future has in store and can hardly contain ourselves when we think about what it will be like to have little ones in our home.
Here's to 3 years and hoping for big, happy changes this next year ;)




2 comments:

  1. You two are the cutest. Happy 3 years! I love that we have anniversaries a day apart! PF changs is our favorite! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! PF Changs is SO great! Yay for July weddings :)

      Delete