Thursday, October 10, 2013

Conference Weekend

This Conference Weekend was a good one. We were lucky enough to have my dad in town for a family wedding and my brother Zac and his lady friend, Karlie with us as well. I loved having some family in town and made me extra excited for November when we will ALL be together again :)
Dad got in Thursday afternoon. He treated us to dinner at Blue Lemon then we went grocery shopping and enjoyed catching up for the rest of the evening. Zac and Karlie got in really late that night (like 3 in the morning) so we didn't get to see them until we all woke up the next morning. We enjoyed attending the wedding of our cousin Cory and his new wife Courtney. (side note: they dated for almost a year before she went on a mission and he waited for her. They were married two months after she got home. yay!) They are such a beautiful couple and it was so great to be a part of their special day.

We spent the afternoon stuffing our faces with JCW's visiting with cousins, and bouncing around to a few different wedding receptions.
Saturday and Sunday were awesome! Conference was SO amazing this weekend. The messages were filled with motivation, encouragement, and hope. I'm overwhelmed by the potential I am realizing I have, but I'm up for the challenge to become my best self. I loved having (some) family around for the weekend and am so grateful for all that I have been blessed with. With my dad in town, we had a chance to catch up with friends in the ward a little more and enjoy the undeniable beauty of fall in the city of Alpine.
 
  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment