Wednesday, December 10, 2014

August

Welp I just finished writing my post for this month and the whole thing deleted itself. BOO! Let's see if I can do a good job the second time around...

We started off the month of August with a quick trip down to St. George. Some of my dear friends from BYU were down there and I hadn't seen them in a long time. It was the perfect opportunity to get away, spend time with good friends, and enjoy Grandma and Grandpa Marshs' company.
I seriously don't know what I would have done without these girls (and a few others) in the BYU El Ed program. We got each other through a lot. I'm so grateful for these friendships I have and the fun memories we have together. Us three were married within a few months of each other and we all have babies within a few months of each other. It's kind of fun how it all turned out that way, because our journeys to motherhood have all been very different.
We started off the morning with breakfast at Kneaders and then headed to their Condo for the afternoon, playing games, chatting, and grabbing lunch before heading out.



Another highlight to the month of August was taking Carter to his first Bees Game. We planned to go as a family to a Bees Game as part of my dad's Father's Day gift, but had to wait until August for all of us to be able to come. It was so much fun to cheer on the "Angels" all decked out in our gear. The best part was seeing Carter sporting the jersey Grandpa gave him when he was born.






I also had the chance to fly down to AZ again for Brad's cousin's wedding. Brad had to work, so I gladly went to represent the family. We had fun hanging out, shopping, boating, enjoying the wedding festivities. 

he loves his crunches







There were a lot of fun things that went on in August - I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

we had a going away party for our Slade and Tueller friends - off to the midwest!




Carter's 5 month update:
He is still sleeping between 10-12 hours every night. However, he has recently decided he doesn't need naps and choose to talk to himself in his crib, instead. He stays happy, so we can't really complain - I just don't get much done around the house. :) He is eating oatmeal every morning now and LOVES it. He says, "mmm" after every bite and can't ever get enough. He has learned to make a lot of new sounds and is currently fond of squealing for all to hear. Carter has recently found his wrists and is flopping and twisting them around all day as he plays with his toys. He does a great job holding his bottle and picking it up if he drops it - this really helps me get some things done while he eats. He says, "mamamama" - I'm convinced he knows what he's saying, but I'm having a hard time convincing anyone else. We love our happy, chunky, little man!

ready for the Alpine Days Parade

enjoying Shark Week with mama

he can crash anywhere

these girls LOVE him and he LOVES them

love this little, big guy




poor little guy had a blowout away from home and this was our only option.
Such a pretty little boy


No comments:

Post a Comment