Tuesday, December 9, 2014

May

May is Brad's birthday month. And for his birthday, I got Lasik eye surgery. Let me explain...
We've talked about me getting it for years. I'm so blind it's ridiculous. I always dreamed of waking up in the middle of the night to care for our future babies and being able to see my them without having to fumble for my glasses in the foggy dark. After Carter was born - my desire increased and so did Brad's. We found a great deal, with some insurance coverage and boom! A week later I was going in for surgery. I looked incredibly ridiculous and Brad and my mom had to take care of me for a couple days, but it has been SO worth it!

last time needing glasses/contacts to survive!
lookin like a hottie, getting ready to go in for the surgery
my bug-eye sunglasses covering up my bug-eye covers
Probably not one of my most attractive days in life 
We fully celebrated Brad's birthday with friends and family and had fun, making sure we did everything Brad wanted to do that day - Kneaders for breakfast, NO cleaning, hanging out with his new little man, and yummy treats with family and friends, and presents, of course!
all of the polka dots were totally an accident - apparently I'm obsessed




This Mother's Day is was the best one yet. Even though Brad and my family has been so sweet and have helped me celebrate Mother's Day in previous years. This one was awesome! I know that feeling of aching to have a little one to wish you Happy Mother's Day, I know the self-inflicted feeling of "not deserving" to celebrate Mother's Day. This year - it made me so grateful for the other women out there that are also mothers in a different way, maybe for now, maybe for a long time. But it helped me to reflect on how many amazing, motherly women there are out there, that don't have children of their own. There were times in the day that I felt guilty to be able to have a little one to celebrate Mother's Day with. Then a sweet voice kept telling me - "don't deny yourself of Heavenly Father's blessings". I'm so grateful for the peace that came to me that day and the joy that it brought to me.

this was really fun to wake up to :)
we had a lot of fun making cards for grandma's too
The next week, sweet Miss Courtney was in town for her sister's wedding. So we had the chance to go to lunch with her and her family. My mom and my little sister also had the chance to meet her and her family for the first time. We loved it SO much and were so grateful for the opportunity they had to spend time together.

We also had one of my best pals get married in May and we had a lot of fun celebrating with them
at our best

at our worst
cute little man - matching the family
men with babies - nothing cuter
May was also my last month with my first year of preschoolers. I didn't think I would be so sad about it, but I was - I got emotional - even though I see most of these kids at least once a week. They were such a sweet class and I had so much fun them. 


May was a good month with a lot of good memories here are some of our favorite pics of the month with Carter:


 






does it get much more attractive??


grandpa putting in his 2 cents


Sunday best

This little picture collage is monumental. This was the morning after he slept through the night for the first time - 8 hours at 7 weeks!!! We were worried it was a fluke, but things have just gotten better from there!
can you handle him??
Carter's 2 month update:
Carter started out the month sleeping around 6 hours at a time, at night. By the time he was two months old, he was sleeping between 8 & 9 hours every night. Then he takes 4, 1-2 hour naps throughout the day. Unfortunately we have discovered he has acid reflex and we moved him to Similac Sensitive formula. He still spit up A LOT but it is a happy spit now, so we will deal with it. :) You eat every 3.5-4 hours during the day and are much happier and more comfortable on the new formula. He has discovered his hands and loves looking at them and watching them move. He loves folding them together and putting them into his mouth. He has also discovered bright colors and cannot take his eyes off of them. He also learned to really smile this month - not the foolish, gassy smile, but the real deal and he does it ALL. THE. TIME. He is such a happy baby and instantly swoons anyone he makes eye contact with. He has also recently discovered his voice and has stated cooing. He is all smiles and kicking when we come greet him in the morning and fight over who gets to go get him when he wakes up. We love him and his little smile SO MUCH!





No comments:

Post a Comment