Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Belated: He's been called on a mission!

Ok, I know this is super late (like a whole month), but I wanted to post the video for family and friends. 
Little brother, Shaun, is a grown boy now and officially has his mission call. 
He was ordained an Elder shortly before my family left their branch in Moscow, Russia and will be 19 in September, and he was ready to turn in his papers. 
Shaun was on a 3 week trip: Heritage Tours when his mission call arrived. My parents sent me to pick it up at the Post Office since neither of them trusted themselves to hold onto it all day. I took it into work after picking it up and my co-workers had to keep a close eye on me as it sat on my desk all day ;)
  It was pure torture for the family to walk by it many times a day, knowing that the fate of the next two years of Shaun's life was printed inside that envelope. 
It then sat on my desk at home for almost FOUR DAYS before Shaun FINALLY got home. 
We went to pick him up in American Fork as soon as their travel buses arrived. 
The whole family came down because usually everyone will get out and mingle for a bit, take a few more pictures, exchange a few more phone numbers, etc. before heading home with their families. 
This year was Oh The Contrary!
We received 3 phone calls from Shaun on our way down, wondering where we were. As we turned down the road to pick him up, we saw that he had already left the crew, past the high school and seminary building. He was racing towards us dragging his bag behind him. 
He jumps in the car and says a brief "hi" (after not seeing any of us for 3-4 weeks) and tells us to hurry home.
He was obviously a bit anxious to open his mission call :)

ENJOY!

I promise he is excited, he was just in a bit of shock :) 

Needless to say, we are so proud of Shauny and his personal decision to serve a mission. 
We love him SOO much!
He is SOOO excited to be serving in Europe and ok with the idea of not returning to Russia ;)
(Even tho Mom REALLY wanted him to speak Russian)
I know that Shaun's life trials, challenges, success and experience (specifically in Russia) has truly prepared him to be a great missionary.  
We are so proud of you SHAUNY!!!!
LOVE YOU!

BALTIC MISSION, speaking LATVIAN
reports to the MTC: November 16th, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! So proud of Shaunathon. Such a Stud! Maybe I'll come visit you down the hall soon. BYE EM!

    ReplyDelete