Thursday, July 28, 2011

Belated: Happy Birthday to ME!

So I was just going through my pictures and videos and realized I never posted anything from my birthday. 
Even though I wasn't able to spend my birthday with my lovely husband, I had some great family and friends make it special for me. I couldn't resist paying a little tribute to special people in my life.

It all started the night before my birthday getting a phone call from my family out in Russia. They decided they wanted to be super cool and wish me a happy birthday before anyone else could and not be too early. :) 
This is technically in Greece (so spoiled) but whatev
Later that night, I received a friendly text from my friend Paige (2 hours early... But not to her out in NC)
Such a babe!
I woke up that morning to a lovely phone call from Brad singing me Happy Birthday and asking me what my plans were for the day. 
Such a Hottie!
I had a full day of school ahead of me including some projects to finish for finals.  
I had some potential plans for later that night with some friends, but didn't know for sure what my plans were.
My lovely bestest big brother Zac was the SWEETEST thing and treated me to dinner that night. 
After my classes were over we met there in Provo for our dinner date.

We ate at Pizza Factory (my choice) and he totally splurged and spoiled me! 
It was such a yummy meal!
He made a point to make sure this day was extra special from me, especially since I had to spend it away from the hubbs. 
My brother Zac is such a sweetie and is always so thoughtful, genuine, and loving. I love him dearly!!!
I LOVE this picture of Zac. He is such a catch... (single too!)
After dinner I headed to Alpine for the rest of the evening. 
Nelle came over first and we spent the first little bit catching up on Bachelorette as we drank our bubbly (since I AM 21 now)... 
the Martinelli's Sparkling Cider was really a great contribution to our Bachelorette session. ;)
My lovely friends Ray, and Kats came over with a beautiful Star shaped cake, complete with cupcakes that they tried so desperately to keep in tact on their bike ride down. 
I would say it was more or less a bit of a close call with the condition of the cake but it still tasted great and was truly from the heart. :) 
Cousin Mitch and Zac joined my girlfriends and I in the festivities at my home in Alpine 
as they lit the candles, sang, and shared the cake. 
It was a fun to sit and chat with them and laugh hysterically about so many different things. We also spent a lot of the night watching a movie, but I cannot remember for the life of me what it was :s
My girlfriends spent the night and we all went our separate ways early enough in the morning to head to work, school, etc. 
It was a lovely day spent with people that are super cool and important in my life and I am so happy and blessed to know so many incredible people.
Below is actually the only thing I captured on my birthday...
Enjoy!
Check out my candle blowing-out skills!



1 comment:

  1. haha that's funny em! super funny. I'm glad that people spoiled you. for sure. I had fun on your birthday :) I am happy to know that your next 70 years are gonna be awesome. Woooot! I guess we should go running now.

    ReplyDelete