Tuesday, July 5, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

As some of you may already know, I surprised my dear Bradley last week. 
My flight was originally scheduled for me to head out the night of July 7th, for the rest of the summer. However, thanks to my dad and all of his traveling for work, we were able to change my flight no problem :) Thanks Dad!
I finished up my Spring semester at BYU June 16th and passed my classes with flying colors! 
my first and probably only 4.0 at BYU  :)
My mom, dad and sister Megan came home from Russia for good that Saturday, the 18th. It was so great to have them home so quickly. It helped me to have a distraction from living alone now that I didn't have school to keep me busy. 
After spending the next week with my family, and sharing Shaun's mission call experience with him, I knew it was time for me to go be with my hubby.
So, I secretly changed my flight and carried on my daily conversations with Brad as if nothing had changed with my flight plans. 
This was a bit of a difficult decision for me to make knowing this change would cause me to miss the famous Roundy Rumble only by a couple of days. But I knew I needed and REALLY wanted to be with my hubby ASAP. So Tuesday night, after attending a Bee's game with my family, they dropped me off at the airport for my red-eye flight.

Two flight delays (2 1/2 hours a piece), and 10 hours of travel later, I made it to Roanoke, Virginia!
My cousin Shaylee came to pick me up at the airport literally two minutes away. 
We planned the surprise as we headed towards our place.

Sidenote: on our way up to Shay's room, we were waiting for the elevator to come down when we received a "Red Alert" text from our dear friend Paige, informing us that Brad was on his way down right now! 
AHHHHH! It was quite the scare.
We frantically searched for a place to hide. We grabbed all of my luggage and threw ourselves into the nearest ice machine corner, as we silently laughed, catching our breath.

Anyway, so we dropped of my luggage in Shaylee's room and headed to Paige's place to wait for Brad. Pai and Austin invited Brad over for lunch, so the plan was for him to come straight over to their place after their meeting. We waited there until Brad arrived from the meeting with Austin.

Please enjoy the snap shots capturing the special moment :)
photography done by Paige. thanks girl!
"What?!? You're Crazy!"

Yay for hugs!


Yay for Kisses!
FYI, he kissed baby Brooklyn first... cool Brad, but she IS darling; who can blame him?

Brad trying to figure out how I actually pulled this off...

Now to get the FULL effect, feel free to watch the video capturing the special moment. YAY!
thanks Shay for your great video skills!

I was SO nervous/anxious/excited to surprise him I could hardly handle it. I am TERRIBLE at keeping secrets, so I was super worried about pulling it all off. Needless to say, I was please with the successful outcome and SO thrilled to finally be reunited with my hubby. 
I love Bradley SO much and am so happy to have a bed buddy again. YAY!

Since I have been here, I have been working on catching up with my blog, finances, making our little place more of a home, and taking care of my dear hubby. I have also had the GREAT opportunity to meet and make some great lady friends with the wives out here. They truly are great!
I am looking forward to what else this adventure will bring for us in our lives together.

4 comments:

  1. ahahhaha Love this! I am so happy that I could share this moment with you! You pulled it off so well and I was afraid that I was gonna blow it really... but my trusty mouth tape hasn't failed me yet. I never made a peep about it. Still my favorite part is when he saw you... "you're Crazy!!" Your hub's speechlessness made me laugh... and since we're all thinking it -you two look GREAT with a Kid ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute surprise Emily! I loved reading that.

    And thanks for letting me know about all of those people going there too. It makes me feel better knowing the mission has been done before :) And congrats to Shaun! You'll have to tell him I am excited for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this!! I have loved reading your blog. you are such a cute wife and you seem so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ZIS IS VONDERFULLLLL!!!! I am so happy that worked out em! Sorry I'm a little late but man did it make my day seeing that! AAAAHHH! I love the whole husband and wife sitiation if you know what I mean. Love it! So happy you are together and livin the wifey life in Virgins. (emphasis on the end of the word, not the beginning :) I love you all and hope you are having a fabulous time. MWAH!

    ReplyDelete