Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Memorable Visit to the Dentist

Oh the joys of going to the dentist! 
Apparently I don't take very good care of my teeth. :s
 I came home from my dental check up appointment only to find out I had three cavities :( 
I had to try to get in before the end of June to fill the cavities before our insurance changed in July.
I just thought I'd give you a good laugh to cheer you up in your Saturday morning slumber.
All three of my cavities were on the top row of teeth, two on the far left and one on the far right.
As you can see in the pictures below, I had no control over the muscles on the upper half of my mouth. 



After humoring my mom and brother Shaun with smiles so they could snap a couple of pictures... 
I started laughing right along with them.
Within about 10 seconds we were all laughing uncontrollably loud. 
We were causing quite the scene.
Unfortunately I was a still quite loopy from the laughing gas and was overwhelmed with emotion and began crying as I laughed. 



You can't really tell in this picture, but this is where I started crying.


My sister Meggy was also there getting a cavity filled, so we were both struggling to present our best smiles

Later on Meggy and I decided to treat ourselves to Sonic drinks. 
Unfortunately we may have treated ourselves a little bit early in the game. 
I had to try SO HARD to close my lips around the straw. 
The picture below is definitely an improvement from the start. 
At the beginning I had to close my lips around the straw using my other hand. 
I really am trying sooo hard, you can even see the muscles dimpling in my chin!

Remember Kids!
Brush twice and floss everyday!
and don't eat too much sugar! 

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!! mY mouth was totally twitching as I read this!! Love it! I'm glad that you have a normal smile most the time. I can just imagine this scene in the dentist office. SOOO funny!! I wish I could've been there to make fun... I mean laugh with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh. Well, post-laughing gas after the dentist does provide an opportunity or two for fun moments. Good luck with those cavities! It's not that bad, and getting them fixed shouldn't be problematic.

    -Bobby Schaeffer

    ReplyDelete