Monday, April 15, 2013

Family in Town

Welp, our house is now quieter than it has been in two weeks and it is a bitter-sweet feeling. It is always fun to have family in town and embrace the chaos of going a million places, catching up with a million people. However, it is also nice to get back into a normal routine after so much chaos.
As I mentioned before, my family was in town for Easter weekend and the whole next week. We kept extremely busy making sure they were able to visit everyone they wanted to while trying to make two cars work among 4, almost 5 drivers. We made it work and enjoyed each others' company all along the way.
We spent most of our evenings at home relaxing, watching old family videos, and welcoming the occasional guests stopping by to visit the family. It was fun to talk about old childhood memories and how excited we are to have this handsome guy come home in November:
Elder Shaun Baxter
I cannot believe how fast time has flown by! I am so excited to pop his little head off come November :)

That Friday night, Brad and I headed over to the park across the street from our house. Some friends of ours were having a birthday BBQ and we were excited to join. Unfortunately we had a little mishap, and lack of judgement from the hubs. As I was walking over to join the group, Brad decided it would be fun, flirty, DUMB - call it what you'd like, to kick a volleyball in my direction. As soon as he kicked it he regretted it - rightfully so. As I was walking up to the pavilion, excitedly greeting our friends we hadn't seen in a while I was blindsided! Wack! Right to the face! A kicked volleyball - to the face - knocking off my sunglasses - making me delirious for a split second before our realized my nose had instantly become a blood faucet; not just a dripping faucet, but a running faucet. I must say it was a bit of a humbling experience. Anyone else that has had a blow to the face knows that you almost INSTANTLY cry, no matter how much it didn't hurt. Luckily the hubs came running over and shielded my scary face from any further humiliation. After cleaning up my face/nose/hands from the bloody mess we discovered a nice big bruise and fatty goose egg on the bridge of my nose; this wound restricted my ability to use normal facial expressions for at least a few days.  -    Now, I don't tell this story to put any shame on the hubs, but to share an experience that I can't help but laugh about every time I think about it or share it. He really did feel terrible, and took really good care of me, after I said some mean things to him in my state of vulnerability. We ended the night happy as clams, with a super tender face.  ...so bummed I never thought to take a picture of my lovely injury
That weekend, we spent the majority of our days watching LDS General Conference, you can find more on that here. The whole weekend was filled with such inspiring messages, motivating me to work harder to reach my potential. I am so grateful for the divine role of women and the opportunity that I will have, hopefully someday soon, to be a mother. We enjoyed watching and discussing these sessions with family both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately Sunday was also the day we had to say goodbye to Dad and Meggy. After dropping them off, Brad, Zac, and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at our neighbors' house while my mom spent the night at her parents' house. We ended the night eating some yummy peach cobbler at Shay and Jason's house, then hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment