Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mom and Me

When the family comes in town, my mom always likes to try to spend an extra week in town. She likes to spend a little extra time with us, as well as focus on spending more time with her mom and sisters. Mom spent most of the day Monday with her mom and sisters, then joined us back in Alpine that evening. A few of Brad's friends came over to watch the NCAA finals, we visited with them while my mom and I met with our dear friend and handyman, Marc. we are VERY excited about some small improvements we are making in the basement and I am excited to share them with you once things start happening over the next month or so. :) 
this space is due to change :)
Tuesday me and my friend, Rachel joined my mom up at City Creek for the day. She was meeting her high school friends for lunch and Ray and I were going to shop. We sat down just to visit with my mom and her friends for a bit and ended up staying with them almost the whole five hours we were up there. They were so much fun to hang out with and we LOVED hearing all of their hilarious stories from high school. Spending the day with them made me so much more grateful for the amazing friends I was blessed with throughout my elementary, junior high, and high school years.
still a bunch of hotties
me and most  of my best pals from high school
My mom and I spent Wednesday together, up in Layton. We helped my mom's sister, Jill, paint her kitchen and enjoyed laughing all day at the blonde moments that tend to happen when everyone gets together.
Thursday morning my mom, Zac, and I went to the temple (Brad had to work :s) Afterwards my mom and I ran a few errands before meeting up with her Alpine-friends for lunch at Blue Lemon. They were nice enough to invite me and I enjoyed catching up with them as well. Afterwards we headed straight to Sugar House to visit my cousin, Juliana. Her little family just moved up there and her mom (my mom's sister) was up there helping her move in and decorate. We also got to visit with Aunt Lorie while she was helping accessorize the house. It all looks so darling! Juliana's little baby boy, Connor is the sweetest thing and is just so cuddly! I could have held him all day long!

the sweetest little guy
That night Brad and I attended our first FSA (Families Supporting Adoption) meeting. This evening is for a post of its own :)
Friday my mom and I joined most of her sisters and the married, girl cousins as we headed north to our cousin, Tifani's house. We helped her do some decorating and refinishing in her new home while we enjoyed catching up with a few more of the cousins we hadn't seen in a while. It was a full day and we didn't get home until late, so we just went to bed. 
Saturday I ran a couple errands before anyone woke up. Then I made a bunch of sugar cookies to decorate at a party that afternoon for this little lady:

She is getting married on May 4th :)
That evening my mom treated  Zac, Brad, and I to dinner at Olive Garden. We were stuffed by the time the main course came out, so we just took it all home for dinner the next day :) When we got home, we hung out a little bit before going to bed a little early. 
Sunday was another one of the bitter-sweet days. We enjoyed spending the morning together and attending church. Afterwards, we spent about an hour at home before heading up to the airport to get my mom home. Like I said, it's always bitter sweet to see family go. We always enjoy having them in town and are grateful for their generosity every time they come. Thanks for the fun memories we made the past two weeks! Looking forward to your next visit in July!



2 comments:

  1. Emily, found your blog through Small Fry. Your adoption story is so sweet and I wish the best for you guys. We have a four year old little guy and he's the best thing that's ever happened to us. After serious pregnancy complications, my doctors heavily encouraged me not to have any more children. Although it breaks my heart, we have hope that we too will find our angel baby through adoption someday :) PS- we just moved in Alpine last year in October and we love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,
      Thank you for reaching out and sharing your story with me. This journey truly can have its heartbreak, but it's what makes us so grateful for the beautiful miracle of adoption. I wish you the best on your journey. Yay for Alpine!

      Delete