Monday, June 17, 2013

MIA - Adoption Process Update

We have been MIA on the blog for over a month now and I am finally finding the time to start getting caught up! I do, however, feel somewhat justified in my lack of posts.
Brad and I have REALLY been focusing on cranking out our Adoption Profile. We FINALLY finished it last night at about 12:30! We are so excited to have reached such an important goal in our adoption process. Now we are just waiting to have our home study done and the write-up completed. At that point we will officially be in Phase 4 of the process.
We have completed the first three phases of the adoption process through LDS Family Services. The last two phases are: Finding your Child, and Placement. In other words, at this point (after our home study is done) it is pretty much the waiting game!
We can hardly believe this is where we are in the process. Looking back, time has flown by so quickly! It's hard to believe that it hasn't even been a year since starting our "infertility journey". We feel so blessed to know that adoption is the right route for us and that it has all come together SO smoothly and SO quickly. We are so grateful for all of the love, help, and support we have received through this process so far. Thank you to everyone that has believed in us and done what they can to make this process easier for us.
We are so anxious/excited to see what our adoption story will be and when we will be lucky enough to be parents to a beautiful baby! We are truly blessed.
Just a fairly recent picture I thought I'd share...
 I don't care for blog posts w/o pictures :)

3 comments:

  1. Em! I'm so. Happy for you guys. I love that you guys are pursuing your dreams despite the road blocks! Prayers and support to you guys from us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are amazing! I can't believe that it hasn't even been a year and how much you have accomplished in that time. I can't wait for you to have beautiful little babies for auntie Hannah to play with :)

    ReplyDelete