Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Birthday & Other Celebrations

The first week of summer we had our ward's Girl's Camp. I have been in YW for over a year now and this was my second time going to camp. I look forward to watching the girls interact with each other without technology getting in the way of normal conversation and drawing closer together in the ward. It was so rewarding and I was so sad to leave early, but I had good reasons.
I guess you could consider it a tender mercy that I got sick the night I got HOME from camp, rather than at camp. Unfortunately I got the 24 hour flu, just in time for all of our special, family celebrations.
My mom flew into town for a week to surprise my aunt, helping her with wedding stuff and to be a part of a family sealing as well as a family wedding in the same week. I left Girls Camp Wednesday so I could go to my cousin's sealing on Thursday. She was sealed to her hubby and darling little girls and it was such a sweet image seeing them all together in the sealing room. It was especially sweet to see their little baby, helping to give me a little glimpse of what it might look like when we have the opportunity to be sealed to our babies as we adopt. I'm so excited for that special moment. :)
darling family (photo cred: Ashley Morgan Spaulding Photography)
I was devastated to wake up that morning with the flu. I literally cried, knowing it was going to be hard to make it to the ceremony. But I knew I had to go, I REALLY wanted to be there. So with the help of a priesthood blessing given by the hubs and my cousin, Jason, I made it - barely. I was definitely still miserable, but much less miserable than I usually am with the 24, so I was definitely able to see the blessings of the priesthood power, and having a righteous desire. All I asked was to make it there, and I did :) I'm so grateful for the priesthood in my life!
That night we had an open house for my cousin that was getting married the next day. It was fun to see it all come together. I was especially pleased since they used a lot of my decorations from home complete the look.
Friday, my birthday, was the day of the big wedding for Mitch and Jess. That morning Brad brought me breakfast in bed, but a light breakfast since I was still recovering from the 24 hr. flu. I was feeling MUCH better, but still had to be a little careful. The ceremony wasn't until 12:40. So it was nice to be able to take my time getting ready in the morning and open up a few presents. I was especially excited to wear the new skirt my MIL gave me for my birthday. We went to the ceremony up at the Salt Lake temple and listened to a BEAUTIFUL message by the sealer.
the happy couple: Mr. & Mrs. Mitchell Hatch
Afterwards we headed to the luncheon at Lion House - SO GOOD! Then headed back to Alpine. When I got home, I discovered my Mia Maids had come over and decorated my house with birthday decor. It was darling! Afterwards took a little nap, cleaned up a bit, and headed to their reception, here in Alpine. (Small world: my cousin from Layton, married a gal from Alpine - kinda fun).
We danced the night away and I was excited to go to bed and get a good sleep for the first time that week.
My mom left for a red eye that night to get home for my sister's bday. (ended up missing it, but that's another story).  It was so fun to have mom in town for a week; it was especially nice to have her there, helping take care of me when I was sick. I seriously am scared for the first time I am sick when I have kids. I've got to toughen up and take better care of myself so I can handle being sick!
the darling owl my mom got me to add to my home decor

LOVE my new skirt -
don't mind the construction in the background
cute little notes down the stairs
balloons and streamers and confetti
more streamers with darling pics from little ones
Because my birthday was filled with wedding stuff, we celebrated some more the next day. Zac and his girlfriend slept over Friday night so we had a big breakfast together that morning, played some hilarious games with balloons and got cleaned up for the day. Brad took me bike shopping! I've been wanting a cruiser for YEARS, but could never justify asking for something. Brad and my parents decided they would go in together and get me a bike of my choice. We found this great guy on KSL that sells every color and a couple different styles. They are great! We picked up my bike on our way to Salt Lake to go to the Bees game with some of our friends. Brad and I actually hadn't been to a game together since we had been married so I was really looking forward to celebrating my birthday going to a game. We sat on the grass and enjoyed watching the fireworks after the game. A perfect night!

the mcneils
the firework show :)
bday present from my brother, Zac. Only good things come from this bag :)
(Thanks Karlie)
cookbook from my cousin, Shay and her little family.
I've been wanting this one for a while.
putting her together :)
meet Tami :)
When we got home, Brad and I stayed up late to set up my bike; it was perfect!
Even though I didn't celebrate much on my birthday, it was a great day celebrating family and so many people were so kind with their birthday wishes. I'm anxious/excited to see what this next year of life brings... Here's to turning 23!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Hottie! You are the best and you deserve al the spoiling seen above. Miss ya Shorty face. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete