Friday, June 21, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was a great day!
I was a little bit nervous to see how my emotions would be this year, but it was truly wonderful. Heavenly Father blessed me with a spirit of joy and gratitude on this special day and I am so grateful for it!
Our morning started pretty early with our final missionary Skype session with Elder Shaun! It was so good to see him and it's so crazy to think he will be home before Thanksgiving this year! Yay!

Here we are! I big happy family! In four different places :)
Afterwards we went back to sleep for a bit and my morning really started: Brad brought me breakfast in bed, such a sweetie! Then he brought in a present he had been dying to give me. He and my parents went in on it together and got me a brand new Kindle! I was SO happy. I've been borrowing one from a friend and got totally hooked on it! It's been years since I have really enjoyed reading; now that I am done with school (and have been for a year) I'm finally getting back into enjoyable, leisurely reading.
Here she is!

and here is the perfect case :)
While I was getting ready Brad put my scriptures on the Kindle so I could bring it to church today. I loved it! Then we headed to our ward. It was a special day because it was my dear friend, Nielle's (Danielle Tamang) homecoming. She just got back from serving her mission in the Philippines and it is SO GREAT having her back :) Afterwards we went over to her house to visit with all of our friends and their family. 
so HAPPY to have my tall Asian friend back!
The rest of the afternoon was spent up in Layton with my mom's side of the family. We always do lots of yummy salads and desserts with a BBQ. 
All throughout the meetings on Mother's Day I was constantly overwhelmed by the spirit; there was not one moment of sadness. I truly was pleasantly surprised and know it was a Tender Mercy from my Heavenly Father that made this day so perfect. I was reminded of the sanctity of the role of a mother and the divine nature we have as women in the church to nurture, love, and serve one another. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have now to practice my role as a mother and recognize my responsibilities and what I have to offer. I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to be a homemaker - making our home a sanctuary away from the chaos of the world. I am so overwhelmed by the countless number of amazing mothers I have been blessed to associate with on a daily basis. I pray I can continue to be mindful of these things as my opportunity to really become a mother comes closer and closer. :)





4 comments:

  1. Love this Em! You are amazing. And I love the kindle! Maybe our friends should start a book club? What do ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily, I love this post. I was a little nervous with mothers day coming up this year that it would be a really rough day for me as well. It actually was not too difficult. Fathers day was actually the one that got to me. I really love this post. Your family is so awesome and cute. It's so weird to see everyone grown up! WE are grown up!

    I love reading your blog. It honestly makes me happy every time i read it and it makes me want to try harder to see things in a more positive way like you do.

    My husband and i have been TTC for about 2 years and have been learning a lot through the experience of infertility. We have done clomid, and are finally moving onto an RE now so hopefully we can dive in deep and get things REALLY going :) I really appreciate you guys being so public about your journey to growing your family. I avoid my facebook news feed because i see at least 2 pregnancy announcements a day.. plus the maternity photo shoots, new born pictures, gender announcements..... etc. I wish non of us had to wait this long and work this hard to have kids, but it brings me so much comfort to see that i am not alone. To see your "hoping to adopt" posts and be reminded that there are so many amazing people out there that can empathize with me on these hard days like mothers day and fathers day.

    Keep smiling :) i love your pictures lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Trisha!
      It really is so crazy we are actually at this stage of life. I totally understand how hard it can get sometimes. I'm glad you are able to see our blog as hopeful - that is one of our goals. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and wish you the best!

      Delete
  3. Oh Em, What a beautiful post. So real and so pure. I love you and I'm excited to see what next years mother's day might bring :)

    ReplyDelete