Monday, June 17, 2013

Second Half of April

The first half of April was spent with my family being in town for Spring Break and my mom staying for an extra week. The second half of April, I got to have my MIL in town for a few days. :) Karen was in town helping my SIL Mindy move back home. She had just finished her second year at BYU and we getting ready to go on a mission. During the day, while Mindy was taking finals Karen ran errands with me. We did a little shopping here and there and she taught me how to make her famous "silky" blankets! They really are the best and I was satisfied with the way my first one turned out. :)
 For the rest of the month I kept busy in the yard, still trying to help recover from not really prepping in the fall. I spent a lot of time weeding, pruning, cleaning, and then picking up and unloading two truckloads of compost all by myself. It's not exactly fun, but manual labor is always rewarding. I also continued working on ripping up the tile we have through our hallway and bathroom. This is going to be a LONG process and we are SO ready to be done walking around on dusty concrete, but the end result is going to be great!
This is some of the progress that has been made, ripping up the tile... It's A LOT of work!
Also, one of my nearest and dearest friends left on her mission on April 17th! It has been surprisingly difficult having her gone. We spent a lot of time together up until she left and so it has been more of an adjustment not having her there to shoot a text or call up real quick. I'm so proud of her and I know that she is totally rocking it out there as a missionary. Love you Rach!
gingham girls @ her going away party

she makes me smile
 
proud to call her my pal

you're the best "booty booty"



No comments:

Post a Comment