Thursday, November 22, 2012

Face Lift

Living in my parents basement is seriously awesome, but sometimes it can be hard. It's been an adjustment sharing my high school bedroom with my husband, I feel like my family room is just a flash back to all of the parties we used to have here in high school (which were a blast, but not a part of my married life), and it hasn't felt like much of our own.
Now that we know we won't be moving anytime soon, I've gotten pretty antsy to get some things changed around the house to make it more like our own space that reflected more of my style and personality. My mom is totally fine with it because she has been wanting to make some changes herself, but can't always do it from across the country. Since college graduation I have gotten started with the change, but have made some major changed lately.
I painted over our navy blue bathroom walls with a lighter green. I actually don't love the color that I picked, but it's much lighter which makes a huge difference. (I don't have a before picture :s)

Being in the bedroom I had in high school, I have been antsy to make changes there as well. It needed a new paint job anyway. After a little bit of trial and error I painted our room a buttermilk yellow. Then I redid my lamps with some lighter paint and new lampshades. I also made a trip to IKEA to add a few trinkets to the bedroom to bring in another color. It's a work in progress, but I'm liking the way things are turning out.



The most recent face lift has been the HUGE family room space. My mom was sweet enough to come out a week and a half before Thanksgiving to help me with things around the house including this huge painting project. The red walls are gone! It is amazing how much brighter, more open, clean, and fresh everything feels in here now. And thanks to a great friend - Shout out to the magnificent Katie McArthur - for helping with all of the picture arranging and accessorizing. She seriously transformed the space and gave it so much more personality; I'm a little obsessed with it. :)
BEFORE



AFTER





There are still things that need to be done: some throw pillows to break up the neutrals, throwing in some pops of color a few places. Overall, I'm pretty excited about this transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment