Friday, November 30, 2012

National Adoption Month

I know I'm a little late in the game to acknowledge this, but it's been a crazy month. 

I discovered only last month that the month of November is National Adoption Month and November 17th is National Adoption Day. Pretty neat if you ask me. :) There are MANY things they do including fundraisers, awareness 5K, 10K, etc. They have conferences and small group opportunities to learn more about others' experiences, as well as various opportunities to share your own. Unfortunately we did not make time to do any of that this month and I wish we did. This is all a learning process for us and we are enjoying all of the discoveries we are making. 

One thing Brad and I have learned about our experience thus far is that there is a whole adoption world out there. We never knew any of it existed! It has been a comforting experience, recognizing that we are not alone in this journey. We have so much to be grateful for. Throughout all of this we have learned what a blessing it is to have the opportunity to adopt (someday). 

We are so excited to one day (hopefully soon) offer a home filled with love, learning, and life experiences that will help children reach their full potential.

We are SO grateful for the many people we have been referred to, to share experiences with, learn from, increase understanding, and to seek further guidance in our journey.

Here are a few KEY things that help me to focus on the blessings and opportunities our life experience has to offer:






2 comments:

  1. It's me again! I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story. It has continued to help me quite a bit, and those links are perfect! I'm still praying for you and hope great things will happen soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney,
      Thank you for your sweet note! Every bit of support and prayers are always helpful. I'm still praying for you too ;)

      Delete